Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Mysterious behavior

Posted by Will on March 06, 1999 at 00:32:41:

In Reply to: Mysterious behavior posted by Shelley on March 05, 1999 at 19:56:05:

i (34 yr old) feel kind of guilty knowing that after renovations and vacanct I'm paying almost twice as much as they pay...and I know the landlord is waiting.....patiently.

Will

: I have been reading these pages for some time now. It seems that anything is possible, when rent controls are part of the equasion. I am a rent stabilized tenant in Manhattan, and have lived in my building for many years. Lately, I've noticed young, afluent individuals coming into the building. They seem to always be visiting the apartments of people, we believe are planted here by the landlord. They are always nervous, especially when the apartment they are visiting is one that abuts an older tenant's. Could the landlord be co-oping under the noses of the older tenants? Does anyone on these boards know of this happening? Is it possible for landlords to actually sell like this, without notifying the older tenants? If so, is it legal? If not, what legal recourse do we have, and what track of information is available to us to find out what the landlord might be doing?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name