Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

believe it or not

Posted by Will on March 03, 1999 at 20:16:56:

In Reply to: Thanks, but I have one more question posted by Cerilene on March 03, 1999 at 18:08:15:

4 people in a 1 bedroom should fly...but it really depends on square footage. Why did they photograph your apartment? more to the point:why were they in the apartment?
Primary residency mean 186 days out of year...if you don't change drivers licsence and other things its going to be hard for him to prove...

but if it makes you feel better..push the sublet. Worst case you can break the lease with 30 days notice if he denies the sublease.

One note: Since he took photos he may push back with claim you've abandoned the lease. Get some furniture back in there pronto....

Will

: If I tell them my sister and her friend are moving in, we will have 4 people in a 1br apartment. Are you SURE that doesn't violate some law?

: Also, they have SEEN and PHOTOGRAPHED our empty apartment. They already suspect our plans of moving out...

: I think the best plan at this point is to push for a sublet to my sister and her roommate. What do you think?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name