Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord trying to collect money NOT owed

Posted by k. Lincoln on February 27, 1999 at 22:38:34:

This may sound convoluted but here goes: In September, I paid two months rent. I wrote out hte check for the correct amount NUMERICALLY, but the long handline underneath was written for 10 times the amount. whenI realized my error, I replaced the check with a request tot he Porpety Mnanger to not deposit the other check which by that time they had. Instead of returning hte second check, they attempted to deposit it. It bounced. when I called to ask them what I owed the money for,all they said was call our Lawyer. InOctober, the building was sold to a new owner/property manager. I called them to and explained the dispute, sent them paper work showing I was NOT in arrears, and as of this date, they are still trying to collect. The Property Manager has even gone as far as to perjure himself in a deposititon claiming it was for two months + one week, and the only way I found out there was an eviction action was becasue I got a notice from the housing courts saying the Marshall's may come. the court documetns show that I was 'served', which I wasn't. I agian, sent him all relevant documents by mail and fax the check duplicates and banking statements that the rents were paid. No response from him. He is still trying to collect this money. any suggestions besides taking his little ass to court - and I don't mean Housing?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name