Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Lead-poison

Posted by satori on February 26, 1999 at 18:53:47:

In Reply to: Lead-poison posted by S-n-A on February 26, 1999 at 14:44:50:

Its going to get worse, what you see. I had no fire ladder, that goes to
the ground floor from the fire escape to the ground. And the way it was
rusted the ladder was missing for at least 30 years, and I had to
call at least 10 times before I could get HPD, there but it gets better, Someone built
a wall next to the fire escape. I called the goverment asking, whats
the minimum distant required that most be there from the ground, to
the fire escape? And I was told by a higher up, that , they actually
changed the laws, so that it was up to the landlords discretion, as
to wheather or not to provide security to to the building
And when was the laws changed ? He answered around 1969.What this all means
is that a landlord if he provides secuirty can get more rent, to me thats
nothing but plain old extortion. And HPD is so corrupt , some of there
responses were when they were trying to get rid of me on the phone is
Well it was like that when you moved in so its legal. it was
eventually fixed. Well,I know a good book you might like. its by Rachel
Carson Silent Spring, it talks about how ordinary chemicals and pesticides
,can be deadly to man.

: Dear Anna,

: I would like to post this message on a public board for every tenant of the NYC to read specially the Landlords and the Judges of housing courts.
: I did what you told me to do the web searches. I search the key words you defined and guess what I found?
: Did you know that lead-base-paint was banned from housing use somewhere back in 1969 by the federal government? It has been over 30-Years since that law was passed. Now you tell me how in the world the Landlords claim that they did not have enough time to cleanup their mess?. All construction people, real-estate people, and every landlord etc are very aware of this fact.
: Why is it then, it takes some innocent little child's life and his future before they clean up the dangerous neuro-toxin (Lead-base-Paint) from their property?

: Unlike any other ordinary Poison which causes temporary pain or temporary damages to the body and with proper medical care will washout of the body, Lead Poison is there to stay. The Lead will not simply washout of body it will instead get deposited in their bones and from there it will cycle back and forth from blood and back to bones for a very long time.
: What it does to child's brain is beyond comprehension. It takes away child's intelligence, his speech, his behavior etc. Once the child puts Lead-base-paint in his mouth he is not the same any more… Please take it from me, we are faced with this dilemma.
: IF YOU ARE A TENANT IN AN OLD BUILDING OR HOUSE, PLEASE SAVE YOUR CHILDERN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

: ====== Please Anna, post the federal law sec 406 on this board for the parents. =======

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name