Posted by S-n-A on February 26, 1999 at 14:44:50:
I would like to post this message on a public board for every tenant of the NYC to read specially the Landlords and the Judges of housing courts.
I did what you told me to do the web searches. I search the key words you defined and guess what I found?
Did you know that lead-base-paint was banned from housing use somewhere back in 1969 by the federal government? It has been over 30-Years since that law was passed. Now you tell me how in the world the Landlords claim that they did not have enough time to cleanup their mess?. All construction people, real-estate people, and every landlord etc are very aware of this fact.
Why is it then, it takes some innocent little child's life and his future before they clean up the dangerous neuro-toxin (Lead-base-Paint) from their property?
Unlike any other ordinary Poison which causes temporary pain or temporary damages to the body and with proper medical care will washout of the body, Lead Poison is there to stay. The Lead will not simply washout of body it will instead get deposited in their bones and from there it will cycle back and forth from blood and back to bones for a very long time.
What it does to child's brain is beyond comprehension. It takes away child's intelligence, his speech, his behavior etc. Once the child puts Lead-base-paint in his mouth he is not the same any more… Please take it from me, we are faced with this dilemma.
IF YOU ARE A TENANT IN AN OLD BUILDING OR HOUSE, PLEASE SAVE YOUR CHILDERN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
====== Please Anna, post the federal law sec 406 on this board for the parents. =======
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup