Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Heat

Posted by satori on February 24, 1999 at 22:51:14:

In Reply to: Re: Heat posted by Mo on February 22, 1999 at 18:37:25:

He has only two hours under the law to keep you heat at the legal level.
Call HPd they should send som e one over on and emergerncy situation. If not, try and get a third party top read the
temperature or take pictures of the thermostat, as well.Every day, if you ]
can prove it you should be able to get your rent reduced if it goes on for

long period of time.Also take him to housing court to force him to fix the heat.

: : I would like to know who do I direct this to. I don't receive proper heat in my apartment when I know I am supposed to. I have been living in this condition for 2 years. I have to utilize a separate heater in order to stay warm and sometimes this causes a fuse to blow. It's been extremely fustrating living like this. I would like to see what can be done about this. Any assistance will be appreciated.

: If you live in NY:
: Time of If Outside Temp. Inside Temp must
: Day is less than: be more than:

: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm 55 68
: 10:00 pm - 6:00 am 40 55
: If You Have Problems With Heat In Your Building:
: Use the form below to record the inside and outside temperature. Call the Weather Bureau at (212) 976-1212 to get the official outside temperature. Use a thermometer to take the temperature inside your apartment.

: Call the Central Complaint Bureau at (212) 960-4800 to register your complaint. You should call each day you have a heating problem. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

: Write and call your landlord. Send letters by certified mail, return receipt requested and keep a copy of the letter. Keep a list of each date and time you called your landlord to complain.

: Consider organizing a tenant's association and filing an HP Action against your landlord in Housing Court. If you live in a rent regulated apartment, consider filing a complaint with the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (718) 519-5678.

: Sample Heat Record
: Name:__________________________________________________

: Address:_______________________________________________

: _______________________________________________

: Date: Time: Outside Temp Inside Temp Initials
: =========== ======== ============ =========== ========

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name