Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MY APARTMENT IS A SAUNA EVER SINCE PIZZA PLACE OPENED!

Posted by Mark Smith on February 22, 1999 at 15:38:54:

In Reply to: Re: MY APARTMENT IS A SAUNA EVER SINCE PIZZA PLACE OPENED! posted by satori on February 22, 1999 at 13:33:09:

: remember you have a right to jury trial, though i think only 10 out of thousands do it.

Most standard form leases state that both the landlord and tenant waive the right to trial by jury. New York State law provides that the waiver does not apply to personal injury and property damage.

You are entitled to live in an apartment that is habitable. It is the landlord's responsibility to provide that. You may have to withhold your rent to make the landlord take action against the commercial tenant to bring down the temperature in your apartment.

: : ever since a 24-hour pizza joint opened directly underneath my 2nd floor apartment, it's been a sauna in here! it's okay for now, but i am fearing the summertime. i've tried talking to the manager but he says there's nothing he can do. is there anything i can do???

: : -- carolyn

: : cweiss@prontomail.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name