Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sublet info? Please help/advise

Posted by satori on February 22, 1999 at 13:20:59:

In Reply to: Sublet info? Please help/advise posted by Bob on February 18, 1999 at 14:49:29:

You might be and illusioy sublet if you can prove it in court the apartment
is yours plus you get treble damages 3 times the amont you are overcharged. Which you were
as a subleter your leaser can only change the legal stabalized rent, that
he was paying . but in any case hire a lawyer on how to proceed or to
get advice on filling oout any forms with DHCR or the courts ASAP

: I've been illegally subletting in a rent stabalized apt for 2 1/2 years, paying double the rent to the lease holder. He just gave me notice to move. Can I somehow fight this and legally claim the lease for myself?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name