Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I think his argument has plenty of substance

Posted by Adrian on February 19, 1999 at 12:33:33:

In Reply to: Re: I think his argument has plenty of substance posted by Richard on February 04, 1999 at 14:18:08:

Did I read this correctly?

: What this system does is pit people against each other, instead of doing what most Americans want.... to OWN not RENT a
: piece of America!!! So $75,000 is a fair cutoff point $50,000 would be better,
: that would end your stabilization...and you will either pay higher rent, move or BUY!!!

Purchasing a home on a household income of $50,000 is pretty straight forward in almost all of America. But, I wonder
where the market may be so out of control that people with this kind of money are totally priced out of the market....
ummmm...oh I know a place: New York City!!!

Get with it! The housing market is virtually all of the rest of the country responds to the needs of moderate to middle income
earners. In NYC it does not. We need to keep the middle class in this city. To end stabilization for this group would
send them to NJ, CT & upstate. Let's not become a city of the very rich and the poor only.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name