Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No Maintenance

Posted by Israel on February 18, 1999 at 08:12:27:

In Reply to: No Maintenance posted by Sanjay G on February 17, 1999 at 19:23:36:

Most people don't know they could do an HP Action against the landlord. An HP Action is when YOU take the landlord to court for repairs and hazard conditions. Most people withhold rent and start an HP Action, that's up to you... As long as you include the apartment and the building areas.
You can claim only your apartment, but it leaves room for the landlord to claim no access. Include everything: Mailbox, hazards in hallways, stairway, entrance, lights/lighting, heat/hot water? Be creative. If you plan to have inspections of the building you live in, have them inspect it all. Only a Judge can order the correction of conditions to your building.

Have a new lease when you do this.

: I moved into the apt 10 months ago. there were lot of things need maintenance. One Toilet tap, shower, toilet flush, washer , dryer etc were not working. later in summer we realized Air conditioner also is not working. was asked owner to get these things repaired. after many arguments washer dryer replaces with another old washer dryer and I had to make hose connections etc. There are many other maintenance required like bathroom door is broken and store room door cannot be closed. Dishwasher doesnot work. AC we had to buy our own in summers. Acc. to owner if it is water or elec problem then it can be taken care other wise no maintenance.

: Is there any law i can take rent back from owner for all these things or get things repaired.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name