Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Eviction Notice

Posted by John on February 16, 1999 at 23:02:38:

In Reply to: Re: Eviction Notice posted by EL on February 16, 1999 at 09:58:40:

:
: : The Landlord of this month to month apartment has served me an eviction notice, I promptly went down to the department of buildings, and retained a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy. I found that this is listed as a 2 family, but there are 4 families here. Can this information help in my eviction defense.

: : Also, does the landlord of this private house have to conform to the Window saftey guard law. When I moved in 5 years ago, I asked him and he never replied. Now I have a newborn, and still no window guards. I am on the first floor of a 2 story house.
: If you are not rent stabilised or controlled, there is very little you can do. You should try to negotiate with your Landlord if you want to stay...you did not say why you were being evicted. You can go to court and get some extended time to move...either way an Attorney can be a great help & persuader. Also if the Certificate does not cover your Apt. you probably don't have to pay rent anyway.

The LL desires possesion is the reason for the eviction notice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name