Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Cat update and rugs....

Posted by DK on February 15, 1999 at 17:08:15:

In Reply to: Cat update and rugs.... posted by W Cramer on February 14, 1999 at 18:02:34:

This is an issue which comes up more often than many people would think. Yes, carpeting makes a big difference for the persons living below you, even if you walk around in bare feet.

: When last I left you I was wondering about the liklihood of being evicted from a rent stabilized apartment. Well, I decided to let the super know right away. His response was cat no problem, dogs big problem. Kind of what I expected. So I guess the 3 month countdown has begun.

: But imagine my surprise when he came up to fix something and freaked when he noticed I hadn't gotten any rugs. He insisted that I needed to carpet the place 80%. We dug through the lease and there it was 80%, page 6 clause 11. Which is what I think want to check out 3 weeks after I moved in. Brand new oak floors but sigh I getting orientals to cover about 60-70% concentrating on the living room. I do know they help with TV sounds and footsteps. I figure if the neighbor downstairs is okay I'm okay. I'll just have to see.
: Anybody have any experience with this?

:
: W Cramer

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name