Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

crying children in the night

Posted by kledwith on February 05, 1999 at 12:55:51:

I am a mother of 19 month old twins living in a small two bedroom apt . Does anyone know if there is an ordinance prohibiting babies from crying in the night?I am the mother of 19 month old twins.
One baby sleeps in the "nursery" with shares a wall with a neighboring apartment and the other baby sleeps in our bedroom with us in a corner of the building bedroom. Our living room is not really one but is my musician husbands "studio" where he practrices guitar (via earphones, no noise ) at night and calls out for his business. My problem is that our baby boy often cries off and on throughout the night (so does the girl but she is in with us) and our neighbors are freaking out !. They say that there is a law prohibiting babies from crying from 11:00pm to 6:00 am? Does anyone know if this is the case? I have sympathy for our neighbors but since we cant afford to leave our tight quarters we dont have a solution that can prevent the crying . We have tried to be nice and do what we can but they are furious with us. If anyone has an ordinance re: this or knows where I can get one please let me know. Any opinions or advice on this would be appreciated as well....Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name