Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I have no proof that damage existed prior, HELP!!

Posted by W Cramer on February 04, 1999 at 17:45:40:

In Reply to: I have no proof that damage existed prior, HELP!! posted by l1z on February 03, 1999 at 15:36:14:

Dated Photo's, written testimony from people who visited you when you first moved in. Things like that should help you fight the charge.

W Cramer

: When I moved in to my last apartment the carpet was torn up and needed replacing. The management suggested that since I have pets, if I didn't mind, I should/could keep the old carpet and assure that I wouldn't be charged for repair/replacement. The previous tennant was the leasing agent, and she never gave us a copy of the inspection, and said that she would put all the info on the inspection later - stupidly, we signed the form without the carpet on there. Although there should be record of this in the previous file, they can no longer seem to find it, and are charging me $1500 to replace all the carpet in the unit! What do I do? Do I need a lawyer yet? When do I need one? Do I need one?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name