Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I think his argument has plenty of substance

Posted by Richard on February 04, 1999 at 14:18:08:

In Reply to: I think his argument has plenty of substance posted by MikeW on February 04, 1999 at 13:58:32:

: Rent regulation has created a class of winners (people with good regulated deal), and losers (those that are stuck with market rents).

Let me add this:::::::::

In order to correct the inequities in the system, the only FAIR way is to make rent sablization income dependant, For example
why should people who make $150,000 a year still get rent stabilization??? I mean even if you make $75,000 that should be
enough income for any Bank to give you a mortgage and BUY an apartment!!!

What this system does is pit people against each other, instead of doing what most Americans want.... to OWN not RENT a
piece of America!!! So $75,000 is a fair cutoff point $50,000 would be better,
that would end your stabilization...and you will either pay higher rent, move or BUY!!!

I made a whopping $26K last year as a paralegal, I deserve a decent rent, so I can save for a down payment in 5 years...
I dont want to rent the rest of my life and be at the mercy of a shitty landlord, or if an appliance breaks,
he refuses to fix it and he refuses to let me buy my own.......But a decent rent would allow us to save the $10,or 20,000 needed
down payment
to buy anything...

:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name