Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent-Stab Coop Confusion: RPAPL 721.1.

Posted by Hawk on February 03, 1999 at 21:10:46:

In Reply to: Re: Rent-Stab Coop Confusion: RPAPL 721.1. posted by Anna on February 03, 1999 at 12:37:21:

Dear Anna:

I notice that DK's response was posted after your last response to me. DK's response made a lot of sense and I'm not sure, therefore, whether or not you need further help. Also, DK a raised a good point, that is, although you may have grounds to have the proceeding dismissed, you should consider whether or not a dismissal is to your advantage. In other words, is getting the case dismissed to your advantage?? (They will only sue ya again.) Whether to force a dismissal is a tactical decision that must be considered carefully. That is for you to determine.

I don't mean to get personal, or insult you in any way, really, but I get the sense from reading your several posts that you seem overwhelmed by all this. If that is true, may I suggest you at least consult with an attorney. Most consultations are only $50-$100 and you can show all of your legal papers to the lawyer, get an assessment of the judge who is on your case, the kind of lawyers your adversaries hired, whether you have a good shot at getting an abatement for reparis etc, which might trigger your entitlement to attorneys fees. (All of these factors should be evaluated when considering whether to raise the dismissal card, so to speak.) The peace of mind in getting a "pro" to help you decide if it is in your best interests to argue for a dismissal might be well worth the consultation fee. At least, please think about it. If ya need a tenant attorney just ask your friends or neighbors and you'll soon find somebody who can recommend a good tenant attorney.

Still need futher advice, let us know.

Good luck!

Hawk

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name