Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Milford Management

Posted by satori on January 29, 1999 at 21:34:46:

In Reply to: Milford Management posted by Mad Tenant on January 26, 1999 at 17:30:37:

Its ironic your message made me really think the most of all on the board
and no one resonded to you.I guess your plight is not well fit in
withere there plans. But my response is some of your concersn are very
real in fact most, it seems to me the landlord is using is position to
frighten other tenats. Hire a lawyer RICo claims are filed all the
time about jerks using fear to obtain money or whatever from people
i am no expert bu you created a whole list of things that seem
done on purpose and thats serious. Of couse go thru all the
stuff call HPd about the dangers of the elevator ectera. and the
communityboard about the lack of security about no lights , but hire a lawyer
he will help you in better ways then these kiss as tenant orginazitions.

: If anyone out there is also renting an apartment in the Highgate Towers, let's retaliate!!! Let me begin...to begin with
: when we handed in all of our information including security deposits. Then we were told that the apartment was rented.
: Someone had beaten us within the hour they gave us to get our info together. But there was another apartment available
: higher up but a little more expensive. We had to take it since we all were communting 2 hours to the city everyday for work.
: When we moved in ,we found out it was a lie. There was no tentant in the supposed apartment. We were scammed into paying more
: money for a smaller apartment but "with a better view." I should have pulled out then. But even though I was paying an arm and a leg, our
: rent was considered cheap for this city. WHATEVER!!
: Recently, in my 30 floor building, only 1 elevator has been working during the morning rush hours. One elevator has been
: renovated for modernization and the 2 others will follow. But now only the modern one is working, but it still stops on every single
: floor on the way down. It takes me 25 minutes to get out of my building every workday. I am not running down 30 flights of stairs in
: high heels and a suit for what i am paying to live there. i even started getting up earlier, but no matter how much time i leave,
: you never know when the elevators are going to work. I have gotten stuck alone at night in them, rode 30 floors in the pitch dark at 3:30 in the morning.
: I should not fear my life when i am safely in my apartment building.
: I do not want to ramble on, but i want to find others out there, living under Milford that have been experiencing problems. To be brief, here are a few other
: things that have ticked the tenants off:
: 1. Entering our apartments during the day to fix something without notifying tenants, when tenants were home and sleeping I might add
: 2. Not calling tenants back in emergency situations - our toilet was overflowing all over the bathroom about to enter the living room and
: we never got a call back
: 3. Washing machines that don't drain so you have to wring your own clothes out
: Dryers that do not work so you are forced to hang your soaking wet laundry all over apartment after spending $10 to dry it
: 4. No lighting outside the entrance doors at night
: 5. Hiring doormen that don't unlatch the doors for you at night, they close the revolving doors, so they buzz you in while you hold
: 10 zillion packages and jump over the rope
: 11. Parking attendants that try to scam you. My brother parked his car overnight which is $15, they tried to charge him $67!!!!

: Lastly...a tenant called to complain about the elevator situation to management. Since one elevator works, we all squeeze in, climbing over the
: regulated elevator weight which endangers out lives, but we all have to get to work. Management's reply to the tenant....
: "Then move out so we can raise the rent!"

: I am apalled and looking for other tenants to fight back with. I have done legal research and am ready to take action. Please join with me.
: New Yorkers should not have to fear their living spaces just because they should feel lucky to be living there since rental properties are in
: demand in New York. We should feel safe and feel our management is taking care of us!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name