Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can they really do this???

Posted by Is there hope??? on January 23, 1999 at 01:14:14:

I am fairly new to the New York area and I need to have something clarified for me....

I moved into my apartment with my wife and, at the time, one child, about 3 months ago. I paid first months rent and security deposit--The usual...

Well, the very first day we moved in, I had the U-haul truck parked less than 3" on the lawn. (Bear in mind that this is a private dwelling basement apartment....but still going for well over 1000/mo.) The wife of the land lord comes out and starts screaming at me.....well, to make a long story short...

I found out that they just bought this house...they are young...about 27'ish.....

The wife of the land lord wanted to have her mother move in.....well the land lord said that there was no way in hell that that was going to happen.......that pretty much explains the last 3 months....

Well, she has made our lives a living hell, now they are saying that because we paid on the 16th last month and the 17th this month.....Rent is due on the 15th, mind you.....that they are going to evict us for being "exessively late"....they tell me that if they want me to pay the rent at 3 o'clock on the 15th....well that is when I have to pay it.

Well, can they do this....especially since my wife has had our second child???????

ANY INFO WILL HELP!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name