Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Why Are Tenants Terrorized

Posted by Richard on January 21, 1999 at 10:39:43:

In Reply to: Why Are Tenants Terrorized posted by John E. Marre on January 21, 1999 at 00:12:53:

: Perhaps I'm dense, but I can't understand why there is so much fear that LL's can and will sue or otherwise terrorize Tenants and there are laws which protect the LL's and not the Tenants.
: If this is a correct presumption, could someone please expalin how and why this is?
: Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'd appreciate any input.

....OK here is goes::::

The reason why most LL get away with things is that most tenants refuse to take getting evicted seriously enough, I have been researching lots of L/T cases in my suit against Rodney Dangerfield, and MOST tenants are DEFENDANTS!!!! as opposed to us we are the PLAINTIFFS, we took the ball and sued the LL...

And as Hawk posted here about which court to sue in, we went to Supreme Court as we needed LOTS of discovery of documents

So it is the mindset of tenants that they cant do anything, but thats where you're wrong!!!

First you have to drop everthing in your life, and learn about L/T law and start reading cases here on tenant.net this place is a wonderful resource!!!

Even Dangerfield's attorney used DHCR cases in the tenant.net library to support their theory in the memorandum of law the field with the court!!!!

If that isn't praise for tenant.net i don't know what is!!!

Second.. If you really have a gross violation then you must think about suing first, and to get an attorney, ok its not cheap but almost all attorneys accept credit cards

Hope this helps...............check out my suit against Rodney at http://www.loudrich.com then the banner " I dont get no respect"

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name