Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Help! I have a monger landlord!

Posted by Scared in Syracuse on January 19, 1999 at 18:54:16:

Hi!

I was wondering if you had some advice. I live in a big complex with only 2 maintenance guys. To say they are bad with maintenance is a joke! It took 6 months for them to replace my broken fridge (that was supposed to have been replaced upon move in time!)

I have had to contact the housing authority to do inspections because they didn't seal the apartment properly and smoke was getting in - now they don't take care of the sidewalks or parking lot adequately, and we are either falling down on the glare ice, or getting stuck in the parking lot.

I have been calling the office CALMLY daily to let them know this is really bad, and ultimately had to ask for a shovel to do it myself. Now they left messages saying that I am not allowed to call the office anymore, saying that I was harrassing and threatening them (I really don't understand that, because never did I say anything like "if you don't shovel, I'll sue you!" Or anything remotely along the lines.

I am worried because they have neglected many things on the apartment, the worst being that they never came around upon move in time to inspect it with me, and there were lots of things wrong - I'm afraid they're going to manipulate things and say we did all the damage!

I feel so alone! I don't want to lose the apartment, because it's in a nice location, and it's generally a nice place - just the landlord is a jerk, and the maintenance is non existant.

Any advice?

-Scared in Syracuse

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name