Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord entering apartment, any lawyers please read

Posted by satori on January 08, 1999 at 22:22:36:

In Reply to: Re: Landlord entering apartment, any lawyers please read posted by Liz on January 08, 1999 at 22:09:55:

: : I would advise you to add a very heavy door chain , so that you can open the door a few inches. It's too bad that you didn't have a dog tear him to pieces. I would file a complaint with the Police Dep't so you have a written record of what he did. Try to find another place to live. This guy is an animal !! " DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FILE REPORT OR SEND LETTER "

: I appreciate what you are saying. But I do not know if I am overreacting, underreacting, or what. The lease stipulates that I may not change the locks. I am hesitant to call the police on my own landlord for trying to enter a house he owns. I don't want to be a troublemaker. I know he is supposed to give notice before coming, but if he doesn't, is his attempt to enter really on the same level as a stranger's? Does anybody know what the actual LAW is on this?

:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name