Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NYC laws questions...

Posted by kiri on January 08, 1999 at 16:35:15:

In Reply to: NYC laws questions... posted by Chris Riddell on January 01, 1999 at 16:55:01:

: I moved to NYC in August of this year. I have had numerous problems with my apartment and have started to seek recourse. I now find that I live in a building subject to Rent Stablizaiton, but wasn't told of this when I moved nor was provided with any info on previous rent. They asked me what I could pay! There was a 'super tip' required to move in. Now, I find that's illegal! AND, in my lease there is a han-written note that there's no interest on my deposit. Is that legal? What can I do? I didn't know these laws when I moved in, so did I forfeit any rights? Also, can I file habitability complaints with DHRC if my building is supposed to be regulated but apparently isn't? HELP!

Every single thing you've mentioned so far is illegal. Start documenting all your actions. first, call the DCHR 718-739-6400 and tell them what happened. REquest a rental history of your apartment to see if you're being overcharged. Report also that landlord is withholding security deposit interest, also illegal.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name