Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Anyone have CHEAP sound proofing advice?

Posted by SamE on January 03, 2000 at 23:18:06:

In Reply to: Anyone have CHEAP sound proofing advice? posted by Kate on December 29, 1999 at 12:47:19:

: I live in a student apartment, and I'm having a hard time dealing with outside noise. I've asked my neighbors (all friends of mine) to be quiet, but it IS a college campus, so what do you expect? I don't want to take legal measures, and I don't want to leave because the rent is really cheap and I do enjoy being so close to my friends when I _don't_ have exams to study for. I was just wondering if anyone had any cheap and easy solutions for reducing the amount of outside noise that comes into my apartment. I am a college student, so let me emphasize the word CHEAP. ;-) Thanks in advance.

If carpet on the walls and ceiling aren't your style, try these: 1. corkboard 2. that pink insulating wallboard (sorta looks like pressed foam, available at Home Depot and your local lumberyard (in NYC, tthe latter is often hiding in your local hardware store). You can cover either one with $1-9 sheets available at your neighborhood discount linens store: just wrap the sheet around the edges, secure with masking tape to the wallboard, nail the unit to the studs.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name