Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Neighbor stole my mail

Posted by Mo on December 31, 1999 at 14:33:28:

In Reply to: Neighbor stole my mail posted by Kathirene on December 30, 1999 at 16:46:18:

: Loaction Birmingham AL
: rent under a lease
: 24 units in complex Apartment complex
: building 20-25 years old

: 2 months ago a new tenant moved across from my unit. The first encounter I had wiht the new tenant was about 1:00am. She was beating on my door, when I answered she was very drunk and wanted to know if my power was on. I told her my power was fine and if she was having problems to call the pawer company. An hour later she was beating on my door again, when I answered she asked again if myb power was on.I could clearly see into her apartment and all her lights were on but she insisted that the power was off. I told her to call the power company that i had to go to work in a few hours and needed to sleep. 30 minutes later she was banging on my door again. this time i called the police. Since then They have been up very late most nights with all kinds of people coming and going. I have hed 2 neighbors witness the tenant stealing my mail and I have been that the boyfriedn is an x-con for killing someoneand I need to be careful. So now I have been told by the police, the post office, and the landlord " there is nothing that can be done" and " Our hands are tied" what can I do? I have lost all sense of security and have been victimised and no one can do anything. I am not afraid of the neighbor but I am worried about my property. I have recorded conversations with the landlord. In these converstions I have been told there is nothing they can do as long as they pay the rent. I ahve spoken with other neighbors that have also complained about the same tenant. Why should I have to move, I pay my rent too. What can I do? Or what can I have done? Please help! advise all responses to kweaver@baxglobal.com
: thanks for any help
: Kathirene

Goto www.usps.com and look under FQA's. If someone is stealing your mail, you
need to fill out the appropriate forms and the US Postal Investigation Service
will investiage. If your local post office won't help, go directly to the
Postal Inspection service. The following is the closest to you:
POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
PO BOX 16489
ATLANTA GA 30321-0489

Phone : 404-608-4500
Fax : 404-608-4505

The following is from the US Postal Investigation Service
page on mail theft:
If you believe your mail has been stolen, report it immediately to your
local postmaster or nearest Postal Inspector. You will be asked to complete
PS Form 2016, Mail Theft and Vandalism Complaint. Analysis of Forms 2016
helps Postal Inspectors in determining if the theft of your mail is
isolated or part of a larger mail theft problem in your neighborhood,
and in locating and apprehending mail thieves.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name