Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Prepaying rent?

Posted by richard on December 19, 1999 at 18:03:49:

In Reply to: Prepaying rent? posted by robert on December 18, 1999 at 23:19:41:

You could offer that to a landlord, but WHY? Is there some overriding reason to pay top dollar
for an apartment in Park slope?....

Like you can WALK to work?....... or a 5 minute subway ride?

There are plenty of other places to pay less the $1000 month and still be commuting
distance to manhattan...

Why do you have BAD credit anyway? Not paying off your bills?

Pay them off...get 2 secured credit cards and find a CHEAP place to live!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

: I have a question for anyone who is familiar with the policies of landlords or rental management firms in NYC. I
: have a bad credit rating(report). However, I am employed and I am able to prepay the rent for an entire year or,
: as in the case of a sublet, for the full amount of rent due for the remainder of the lease period. Would a NYC
: landlord accept prepayment as an alternative to having a pristine credit report? If so, what are some of the
: potential downsides to this arrangement (one downside that I am already aware of is that a landlord might
: respond slower to my complaints because he/she would not have to fear my withholding of rent until the
: matter is resolved). Any knowledgable information or opinions about this matter would be greatly appreciated.
: By the way, the area of Brooklyn from Brooklyn Heights to Park Slope is the area that I am most interested in
: moving to.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name