Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: restaurant ventilation

Posted by alice on December 19, 1999 at 11:59:33:

In Reply to: restaurant ventilation posted by Paul on December 18, 1999 at 13:59:11:

: Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

the un-smelled danger: carbon monoxide.
buy a detector, <$50, research first: some aren't much use.

December 19, 1999

Worker Killed by Fumes at Times
Sq. Club

Carbon monoxide fumes in a popular supper club
near Times Square left one kitchen worker dead
yesterday and four others hospitalized, two in critical
condition, as police closed off the block, evacuated a
building next door and checked manholes and nearby
basements for further evidence of the gas.
A fire department spokesman, Paul Iannizzotto, said
that a faulty oil burner had caused carbon monoxide
levels to soar in the basement.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name