Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lease Agreement 30 days notice confusion

Posted by William on December 09, 1999 at 00:38:56:

I live in indiana.
I have a Lease agreement with my lanlord it is for 1 year. the rate is 575 a month
I am wanting to move. However, I am kinda cunfused about the wording in my lease about the 30 day notice.

It reads :
Notice: At least thirty (30) days written notice of intenet to move is required before the end of the
initial term or any holdover term, either party may terminate this lease by giving other a thirty (30)
day written notice in advance of the last day of this term, or any holdover term. All such written move-out
notices must be signed by all lesses. ( cut out: stuff about if lesses not available to sign and mailing notice to
lessor with a forwarding ) You agree to give thirty (30) days written notice or you intention to vacate the leased
premises during any holdover period and your rental obligation shall continue through that notice period.

does this mean that as lon as I give them a piece of paper saying that I intend to move out in advance
or before the last day of the lease term the leased will be terminated at the end of the notice period.

I still have 4 months left on the lease. Under these notice requirement can I send in notice tomorrow
and not have to pay after those days or be liable for any rent due after that?

Thanks,
William

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name