Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: re:11/03 - I CAN get my friend's apartment! - but....

Posted by Mark Smith on December 02, 1999 at 20:28:49:

In Reply to: Re: re:11/03 - I CAN get my friend's apartment! - but.... posted by wa on December 02, 1999 at 09:08:27:

The Rent Guidelines Board (R.G.B.) authorized no vacancy surcharge for subleases beginning between October 1, 1999 and September 30, 2000:

http://tenant.net/Rent_Laws/RGBOrders/rgb31.html

or click on the link below

: :
: : My friend's father has agreed to remain as the guarantor of her lease while
: : I sublet off her. Here's some positive news in this section for a change!

: : My query is, is my landlord allowed to increase my rent given we're asking for
: : permission to sublet? I understand he can't refuse me, but can he jack the rent
: : up? - and by what kind of %?

: Clarification: When I mentioned the LL 'jacking up' the rent, I'm referring to
: my friend's Renewal Lease Form - what appears to be a standard State of NY form
: for "Rent Stabilization Lease Rider for Apartment House Tenants Residing in NYC"

: Section 9 of this document; 'Subletting & Assignment', states that "If a tenant in
: occupancy under a renewal lease sublets his/her apartment, the owner may charge
: the tenant, as a sublet allowance, the rent the owner could have charged had the
: renewal lease been a vacancy lease. This charge may be passed on to the subtenant."
: It goes on to state how when my friend returns to her apartment and the sublease
: is terminated, the Legal Regulated Rent reverts to pre-sublet vacancy allowance
: rent. My question is, is this true? and what percentage are we talking about?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name