Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord preparing to evict---AGAIN

Posted by richard on November 27, 1999 at 10:19:52:

In Reply to: Landlord preparing to evict---AGAIN posted by Wendy on November 26, 1999 at 23:30:18:

Well you caused your own problems...........You should know better then to complain about
seemingly minor problems when your in the mist of the worst housing crisis in 30 years.

Now with that said.....pay the full amount owed...take pictures of the leak and foward it to the LL
stating you will not be responsible for the damage. Next GET a STEAM CLEANER Hoover makes a good one for $229, and steam clean the carpets with LYSOL and where there is mildew how about Bleaching
the walls.....

Remember if your rent is cheap....then expect to do minor repairs yourself, if your rent is just below being unregulated maybe $1500+, then the LL has no excuse not to fix things......

YEH YEH.....the LAW is the LAW...... but then reality sets in!

==========================
: I live in a rent stablilized building in NYC. I complained about leaks and mildew in my apartment and as usual the landlord has retaliated by refusing my November rent.
: I wrote a letter indicating that the repairs I requested had not been made--(the next day they were partially handled)I also noted that I realized I had incurred late fees and had court fees remaining from an eviction proceeding last year(when my ex failed to pay the rent and we had a non-payment proceeding against us) and requested that he give me a breakdown of the fees I owed so that I might make arrangements to pay. What he has done is taken money I paid for rent and applied it to legal fees so that it appears that I owe more Rent. Today he returned my November rent check, states they have no record of receiving September's rent, along with a note telling me to call his lawyer--which indicates to me that he is preparing to evict. The rent breakdown clearly indicates that the bookeeper took July's rent and applied almost all to legal fees, it also shows that they have received rent for every month this year although it has not been applied within the actual month it was paid. The only outstanding rent is November--which as I said he returned to me. HELP! Does he have the right to evict when I have paid rent and he is refusing the current rent? Can he evict over late and legal fees? Can he CHOOSE to apply monies to late and legal fees instead of toward rent?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name