Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rights of a Son as resident in a COOP.

Posted by Anna on November 05, 1999 at 21:44:07:

In Reply to: Rights of a Son as resident in a COOP. posted by Patrick Cohen on October 29, 1999 at 16:28:52:

: I live in my parents Cooperative apartment. They moved out about 10 years ago. The Cooperative has been taking maintainence checks from me dfor several years and also i have lived in the building for over 20 years - since it was a rental. What sort of tenant rights do i have in terms of seeking and communicating repairs, etc. my parents don't want to be bothered unless it is absolutely necessary? I have been asking the Manging Agent lately for a copy of a contract they approved regarding repairs in the apartment andand thewy have ignored my request for over three weeks.

You have whatever rights the Proprietary Lease formally gives you, and, informally, whatever passes for normal in that coop.

First, find out where you stand. Read that lease: there's an occupancy clause which may define your situation as a sublet, most sublets in coops require written pre-approval from the board of directors.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name