Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Kids hanging out in hallways, stairwell

Posted by Debbie on October 30, 1999 at 17:06:41:

I live in a co-operative building which is about 85% co-op (some still rent).There are 77 units in the building. It was built in the early 1960's, and it is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY.Those renting are rent controlled . I own; it is a co-op.. For about 6 months, a group of teenagers, most live in the building, have been hanging out all over the building making noise, running in the halls,stairwell, screaming, cursing, peeling wallpaper and carving initials in walls and elevator doors. They also smoke. I have yelled and talked to them, they do it anyway. I have notified management numerous times, who yelled at them once, and told me they were working on it, but it appears nothing has been done.Management is hardly ever here. The super is useless, they mock him.These teenagers threaten each other, and often do not go to school.They ride bikes in the halls, bounce basket balls.Their parents are non-responsive. What can I do?Can they be evicted? I am a bit afraid of them. Help!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name