Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Lying landlord -- please help!!!

Posted by Anna on October 22, 1999 at 09:54:06:

In Reply to: Lying landlord -- please help!!! posted by Brenda on October 12, 1999 at 19:33:18:

From your 10/7:
The landlord and I are supposed to file papers on the subject. If I win, I get a
rent abatement.
I just got the landlord's statement. He says, yep, the services have been restored. OK,
I can understand him saying that.
But he ALSO says something like, the tenant
acknowledges that the services have been restored and has always said the services,
the such-and-such, have been
in operation. Bull! And I can prove it's bull.: I sure would appreciate it if someone please take a look at my posting on
: 10/7, about my landlord lying to the DHCR.
: Is lying by landlords so common and accepted that my
: question was silly? Here we have a situation where I can prove he
: lied.
: Any thoughts would be really really appreciated.
: Thanks,
: Brenda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
Landlords lie to DHCR, they lie to HousingCourt: you're luckier than most: you get to respond in writing, a lot easier than in person in Court.

You have to file a response to his answer. Read DHCR's instructions carefully, consult a DHCR-experienced attorney if necessary. And you probably have to send a copy of each of the documents in yours and DHCR's 5-inch file with your response, as DHCR will not pull out its old files, but will only consider the 'evidence' you attach to your response. Try to avoid the word 'lie' when pointing out each and every one of them and backing it up with your documents.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name