Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: crack user tenant living in my building

Posted by Anna on October 22, 1999 at 09:36:14:

In Reply to: A sphyco crack user tenant living in my building posted by Ivonny on October 11, 1999 at 12:32:41:

: Two nights ago my neighbor try to force him self into my apartment. His wife apparently left him and some how he thought she was staying in my apartment, he threaten to kill me and my two year old son, he also told another neighbor that he was looking for some one that will do the job for him.
: I have called the police and filed a report I am also going to get try to get a protection letter against him.

Also: call Victim Services, make an appointment with a counselor.
BTW, if you got an Order of Proctection: did you ask them if it means he must move? sometimes it does, call them back, after Victim Services.

: But what I really would like is to see him move, I ask the landlord and she reply," that he always paid the rent on time and she had no reason to have him evicted.

Yes, she does: she has a moral and legal obligation to correct any dangerous condition in her building, including evicting a dangerous tenant. Follow Victims' Services advise... and, at the very least, send her a Certified, RRR, letter (enclose copies of the Police Report and Order of Protection) informing her of the problem, asking her to correct it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name