Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Housing Conditions: Indiana

Posted by Anna on October 21, 1999 at 23:51:25:

In Reply to: Housing Conditions posted by Robyn on October 12, 1999 at 16:41:13:

: I have lived in this apartment for over 6 months
: now in Indiana.My apartment has needed repairs
: done to it since before we moved in. My kitchen
: sink hot water only drips has zero pressure ,
: Bathroom water comes out Orange, I have
: Cockroaches invaiding my apartment getting into
: my fridge,food,my Childrens bedrooms,Mice and
: Rats,My livingroom window is about to fall out because all the plaster is gone from around it leaks really bad when it rains,no smoke detector and mind you i live on the 3RD floor with one Entrance and Exit.I told the Landlord about these Problems from day one and he hasn't done anything about them is there anything i can do to make him fix these problems ...I would move but i am currently
: disabled from work so i am on a fixed income
: until i can return to work on regular duty..
: Thanx

It might not help much, but the Landlord/Tenant laws for Indiana are posted on TenantNet Home.

I would normally suggest following the complaint-letter recommendations on TenantNet, but you need repairs faster than that. (read and follow them anyway)

Have you asked the source of your 'fixed income' for help? If it is a local or state social services agency, they should be able to refer you to a local tenant clinic. Try the Legal Aid Society, if there's one in your phonebook.

In most communities, the problems you list are violations of Health, Housing, Maintenance Codes: a tenant reports them to the appropriate agency, they send an inspector, the landlord is ordered to repair... Look in the Government pages of your phonebook. Ask your neighbors. Find your city or town website: start here: the Indiana website: http://www.state.in.us/

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name