Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Cracking Kitchen Floor

Posted by Maria on October 20, 1999 at 10:24:31:

I have lived in my rent stablized apt in Queens for 5 years now. The tiles in the kitchen have started to lift and water is collecting underneath them. I caled out the building manager to have a look at them and he told me that I must have been mopping the floor with too much water and this has caused the problem!!!!!!!! Also that the rug I have there was trapping air and the tiles could not dry out. Eh? Anyway I consider these raised tiles a hazzard and I am afraid of someone tripping over them.The manager told me I will NOT get a new floor as it obviously not a leaking pipe and to call him in a few weeks to see if theater has dried up. He also advised me not to mop the floor for a few weeks! What do I do now? The water seems to be drying up but the tiles are raised and will crack if I try to put any pressure on them. What are my options now and where do I stand legally? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name