Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

$600 OR 5 DAYS TO GET OUT?

Posted by CARL HOSMAN on October 15, 1999 at 12:18:05:

Hi

I have a little problem with my land lord. They say that they put a note taped to my door says that I must make a pet deposit for my dogs that" I've had for about a year now " of $600 or get rid of the dogs with in 5 days or move out within 5 days. I never recieved the note. What are my rights? Is tapping the note to the door an official way to give a notice to a tennant? Can they give my five days to move out then put me down for a bad credit rating? I will be more than happy to move as long as my rental history is not tarnished. I live in Las Vegas, NV. I need help quick.
I HAVE LIVED IN THIS APARTMENT 2 YEARS, I PAY RENT ON A MONTH TO MONTH BAISIS, WHEN I MOVED IN ALL DEPOSITS WERE WAVED. AT THE TIME OF ME MOVING IN I DIDN'T HAVE THE DOGS , BUT THEY "LANDLORD" HAVE LEFT NOTES TAPPED TO MY DOOR IN THE PAST STATING THINGS LIKE."KEEP YOUR DOG OFF THE BALCONY WHEN YOUR NOT HOME," " YOUR DOG WAS BARKING A THE NEIGHBORS ARE COMPLAINING" SO THEY HAVE KNOWN THAT I HAVE DOGS. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

CARL H.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name