Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

tenants from hell and management co.

Posted by Tammy on October 07, 1999 at 23:22:37:

Thanks for all your replies.
Well,the idiots upstairs have lodged a complaint against us for banging on our
ceiling. When they first moved in THEY asked us to let them know if/when they got too noisy
-by knocking on the ceiling.
This is just another act of retaliation.
The management company seems to be on their side, they are fed up with us complaining.And also our criticism
of their inept handling of this situation. And the tone of their letter(telling us of the complaint),seemed hostile & intimidating.
.We have hired an attorney(he called the mgmt.co. a couple days ago,this undoubtedly pissed the mngt.co.off)
The letter was written the same day as the attorneys call....hhmmmm!

Does anyone know for sure if there is a law(or something like that) that guarantees a tenant the right to peace & quiet?
The mngt.co. keeps telling us that that is what you get when you rent and that nothing can be done.
I have thought of retaliating myself, but the lawyer advises against it. Although he doesn't seem too positive that we'd win the case(if it goes to court).
I have even thought about having a background search done on them (my theory is that they probably have a history of this sort of behavior & it would look bad for them if we could present it in court)
Any more ideas?
Tam

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name