Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Mngt not doing what they said..Yeah right

Posted by richard on October 04, 1999 at 23:06:28:

In Reply to: Mngt not doing what they said posted by Mr. Tibbs on October 04, 1999 at 15:43:20:

Thats why you should NEVER lose any lease or rider......if you had it,
then the dog wouldnt be a problem.

And NEVER NEVER NEVER pay anyone in CASH!......

If you paid by check you would have a reciept.

Get a safe deposit box next time...

Cant afford a lawyer but you can afford a DOG! yeah right

----------------------------------------------

: I have been living in the same aprtment for the past 14 months. When I moved in I filled out the move in form and stated that there was no padding left in the carpet and that there were stains and that there we scuffs on the wall and that wall paper was torn, there was a hole in the outside closet and a few other things. I took it into the office and they said they would have it fixed. I was moving in, in 3 days. Now note they were not going to replace the carpet just the padding. They were also going to replace the wall paper and fix the holes and the scuffs. This is all in writing on the sheet that we got back from them. Now it has been 14 months and NOTHING has been done. We have talked to them a # of times. In this time we have gotten a dog and paid the deposit in cash and they seem to have lost the pet lease form that we filled out and are saying that they are not going to do anything to the apartment due to that fact. Now they said that they would do all this before we got the dog. I was wondering what I as a tenant could do to make them do what they said. I live in Georgia and would like to know what i can do. Please let me know. I know that it is in writing and that is good enough for the courts but I cant afford an lawyer and want this taken care of. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name