Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: illegal bronx apt....oh BOO hoo hoo!

Posted by Cathy on September 30, 1999 at 07:03:48:

In Reply to: Re: illegal bronx apt....oh BOO hoo hoo! posted by richard on September 29, 1999 at 17:04:12:

:It's not always the Landlords fault. The terms Lease and Rent mean for a specified time period..it does not mean for life or until the tenant sees fit to leave. Provided the landlord kept to his terms of tenancy at the end if he decides not to rent any longer that is his right. Tenants must take this into consideration when they move and you must try to always be prepared that there is a possibility the LL will not renew. It's unfortunate for you but if you want guarantees you must own your own property. Try asking the LL for an exentsion so that you could try and secure a place. Be honest.. YOU WERE NOT PREPARED! or go through the eviction process, dont't pay rent and use it for your next apartment.
Good Luck!!
#################################################
: Did the Landlord agree for you to have 3 dogs? If not then if YOU want to be the boss...BUY your own Place!

: AND YOU should not have rented the place with NO LEASE.... DUH!
: --------------------------------------------

: : I HAVE MONEY TO PAY MY RENT BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE EXTRA 2100 TO MOVE JUST CAUSE MY LL IS AN ASS. I HAVE 3 LIL DOGS CAUSE I RESCUED THEM THERE ARE REAL DIRT BAGS IN THIS WORLD THAT THROW THEIR ANIMALS IN THE STREET WHEN THEY ARE UNHAPPY W/THEM AND THEY SHOULD B SHOT. AS FOR LL'S THEY SHOULD NOT GET INTO RENTING PROPS IF THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEY ALSO SHOULDNT GET INTO LL'ING AND MESS W /PPL'S LLIVES IF THEY ARENT SURE THAT THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. THEY SHOULD NOT RENT AN APT. KNOWING THEY ARE ONLY GONNA DO IT FOR A CERTAIN TIME PERIOD IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN MAKE SURE AND TELL THE TENANTS TO AVOID PROBLEMS. I CAUSED NO PROBLEMS I PAID MY RENT DIDNT MAKE NOISE AND KEPT TO MYSELF SO IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DONT BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name