Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Fixing walls that are damaged from outside weather

Posted by DK on September 20, 1999 at 13:20:56:

In Reply to: Fixing walls that are damaged from outside weather posted by mk on September 17, 1999 at 15:26:46:

: I have a question, perhaps someone can help me:

: I live in an apartment on the top floor. This building has 5 other units
: besides mine, one which belongs to the landlord (who resides on the premises.)
: In my apartment I am experiencing some damage to certain areas of my
: apartment (i.e., dinnette, bedroom, living room) whereby when it rains
: or snows from water damage the walls start to bubble and when you touch it
: it feels like a powder. My landlord has not fixed this and I need to know
: what my legal rights are and who to contact regarding this.

The landlord is required to correct this condition, just as any other repair item. You should contact the building management and ask them for a timetable when they will do the necessary work. If you are not satisfied, you could begin withholding your rent (in which case they will eventually sue you) or you can go to the housing court to obtain a court order to compel them to do the repair work.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name