Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

illegal apt eviction from the bronx in NY

Posted by lea on September 20, 1999 at 12:06:58:

hello i was told that my LL couldnt bring me to housing court w/an illegal apt
well that info was wrong, the accessed tax value has to b over 25k for him not to b able to
use housing court.
i do need help w/this however. i dont understand what this means, my LL is from greece he lives
in the main apt. on main floor. he is renting out the 2 apts which were supposed to bone he made them
into 2 apt. in his attic. i rent one and a man rents the other we pay 500 for each apt
no g/e.
i know he has never paid taxes and now that his mother and father came up from
greece he wants me out so they can move in my apt.
i have been here 6 yrs and i dont think this is right. i have 3 lil dogs and i know how hard its going to b to find an apt. just cause he wants his parents to move in i have to go through hell finding another apt. mayb even losing my dogs, not to mention the expense i feel he should pay me for moving. i also have a main problem and
its a large one i FEEL THAT THERE IS ASBESTOS AND OTHER CHEM. IN THIS APT THAT HAS
PUT MY LIFE AT RISK, AFTER A YR OR SO ME AND MY 3 DOGS AND MY HUSBAND ALL SLEEP ALL THE TIME
WE HAVE NO ENERGY AND TILL RECENTLY WHEN A FRIEND SAID IT COULD B SOME KIND OF POISON I DIDNT THINK
OF THIS, I CALLED TO GET SOMEONE TO COME AND CHECK BUT ITS 350.00 TO CHECK IT OUT AND I DONT HAVE THAT
AND REALLY DONT THINK I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY IT.
MY LL IS ALSO SAYING I OWE HIM 2000 AND I DONT HE IS ALSO SAYIN HE RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS A TWO FAM HOUSE
AND THAT THIS APT IS ILLEGAL BUT HE DOESNT WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING HE JUST WANTS IT FOR HIS PARENTS
IF I HAVE TO MOVE CAUSE ITS ILLEGAL I DONT WANT ANYONE TO B ABLE TO LIVE HERE
I COULD UNDERSTAND IF I DID SOMETHING WRONG BUT I DIDNT
ALSO THIS PLACE IS A FIRE TRAP IT IS ONLY WIRED FOR ONE FAM (AND ALTHOUGH THEY SAY ITS A 2 FAM I KNOW ITS A ONE FAM)
AND THERE ARE 9 PEOPLE IN HERE ANYWAY ANY HELP WOULD B GREAT I AM GOING TO COURT TODAY FOR A SUMMONS I WAS GIVEN 12 DAYS AGO
I WAS TOLD I HAD 20 DAYS EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO DATE ON THE PAPERS. THANKS

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name