Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

relax

Posted by Will on September 20, 1999 at 01:27:11:

In Reply to: waiting for godot (the co-op board) posted by anonymous on September 19, 1999 at 17:34:51:

I'm on a coop board for an apartment I now rent.

I can tell you that the board is waiting for the credit, job and reference checks to be put together in a package by the managing agent. References are rarely contacted so letters are alway good to add to the application but not essential.

They may deny you up front without an interview if your salary is considered too low (our requirements are 33% of gross minus the debt payments) or of your overextended in credit. If you pass both those criteria then the'll ask to meet you for a whole 10 minutes.....
Dress nice and be well groomed its very simple.

Will

: I recently signed a lease on a co-op sublet in Manhattan. My sublet application was submitted to the management company, and
: supposedly forwarded to the co-op board for approval (or so my broker tells me). The application fee and credit check fee checks were deposited.
: I have submitted certified checks for first, last, security and the broker fee. The broker is holding on to these while we wait for my interview.

: I am using a reputable broker so I don't doubt that my money is safe.

: However, the board met this past Thursday, and still I have heard nothing. They are supposed to schedule an interview so that I can be approved on
: time for my move-in date of October 1. That is less than 2 weeks from now. I am starting to get very nervous because no references have been called,
: nor have I been contacted for an interview. I am the only person applying for this particular apartment.

: Is there a chance that the co-op board will just blow me off and not bother with looking into my application, even though I am supposed to move
: in a week from Friday??? And never tell me?? According to the management co, I am supposed to wait for the board to schedule an interview.

: Very nervous about all this. Please post replies here. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name