Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

typical nosy landlord

Posted by Matt on September 16, 1999 at 17:45:02:

I have a landlord who emerges from his apartment whenever I arrive home alone, and especially when I bring guests. He stands in the lobby and scowls at us, and hassles me about keeping the storm windows closed at all times when I am not actually present in the building. I am a model tenant and have done nothing to deserve this treatment. He occasionally threatens that I will have to move out if I fail to comply with his rules. Also, I found the apartment through a broker, and paid a fee for the place. The broker never mentioned that the landlord would rent only on a month-to-month basis until the final agreement meeting, when it was too late for me to change my moving plans. I will never make a mistake like that again, but for now I wonder if I will be evicted after only a few months here, and after paying a hefty fee. It sounds like a month-to-month agreement allows a landlord the freedom to evict me on a whim. Are there any controls on this?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name