Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: wrong name on papers for eviction from ill apt.

Posted by DUH on September 11, 1999 at 21:22:31:

In Reply to: wrong name on papers for eviction from ill apt. posted by lea on September 11, 1999 at 18:18:39:

: i got served papers from some man who didnt give his name didnt want me to sign anything,there was no date on these papers and they have the wrong name on them we have lived here for 6 yrs now and i would imagine w/all the mail i have recvd that my ll would know my correct name, no? anyway... it says i have 20 days to go to court can i go in a week or so i just started a new job and dont want to take off till i am there a little more time. thanks

FOUND YOUR EARLIER POSTS: SO YOU'RE IN THE BRONX, BUT YOU STILL DON'T SAY:
ARE THESE NON-PAYMENT EVICTION PAPERS? YOU HAVE 5 DAYS TO GET TO COURT OR GET EVICTED.
ARE THESE HOLDOVER EVICTION PAPERS? THEY SAY EXACTLY WHAT DATE YOU HAVE TO GO TO COURT: DON'T SHOW UP, YOU'LL GET EVICTED.
ARE THEY EVEN FROM HOUSING COURT? USUALLY IT'S ANOTHER COURT FOR ILLEGAL APTS...

READ DK'S ANSWER

READ THE HOUSING COURT STUFF ON THE HOMEPAGE

USE THE SEARCH BOX HERE: FIND THE HOUSING COURT'S URL: GO THERE & READ WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.

CALL THE COURT ON MONDAY: ASK THEM WHAT TO DO

IF YOU WRITE BACK: COPY EXACTLY WHAT THOSE PAPERS SAY....SOMEONE WILL FIGURE IT OUT)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name