Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

cancellation of lease contract

Posted by Suk Bin Lim on September 11, 1999 at 11:20:14:

Please any one make some comments on my trial to break the lease contract from which I am suffering tremendously.
Following are the copy of my letter to the lessor of my apartment. I am very curious wheather the comsummer protection law can apply this case,
whch ahs 14 days refund polocy.
Thank you for your kind answer.

--- message of the letter ---

Suk Bin Lim
58 Harley dr. #6
Worcester MA 01606

Sept. 11, 1999

Sutton Apartment., Inc.
21 Harley Dr
Worcester MA 01606

RE: Request for cancellation of lease contract

In regards the lease contract between you and me, which starts from Sept. 1, 1999 and ends on Aug. 31, 2000, I would like to cancel that contract for the following reasons.

1. One week ago I've got a full time position from the company located in central Boston area, for which I have worked as a temporary employee for the time being (two months). It takes four to five hours to commute between this apartment and my working place and it gives me lots of mental and physical trouble.

2. I thought that certain period of notification would allow me to move out without any difficulty during the period of lease contract. The contents of your contract are very difficult to understand and were not fully understood when I signed it.

By any reason, I feel sorry causing any inconvenience to you. However, please understand my difficulty to live here and do me a favor by considering the contract has only been eleven days and the fact that I've been lining here for two year without making any problems. I can move out with two weeks notice in advance to the moving date if you find a new tenant.

Sincerely,

Suk Bin Lim

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name