Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help!Landlord wantsaccess for a month!!

Posted by richard on September 09, 1999 at 20:47:10:

In Reply to: Re: Help! Landlord wants unlimited access for a month!! posted by Mark Smith on September 09, 1999 at 20:25:41:

Why? oh i don't know maybe when you get sideswiped by a driver with NO Drivers license, and they total your 10 year old car, even though there is not a rust spot, or a scratch, on the car and it looks brand new,
And you cant sue the jerk cause he has no money and just filed bankruptcy......but the car was registered in his parents name and they HAD INSURANCE!
Then the cost of renters insuerance is Nothing compared to the potential loss, from theft or a fire..
And think Travellers is $33,000 coverage $218..... and I just raised mine another $10,000
Why Travellers.....Its the ONLY insurance company I found that will NOT DISCRIMINATE on how you spent your money....
If you spent $10,000 on Brohyhill Furniture Or $10,000 on Compact Discs, ..i mean they both burn in a fire, so why should only part of your CD collection or Computers be covered?

The rest of your post is good....They should Know a few days in advance when they will come and replace the doors, then take a few vacation or personal days and at least someone will be home to watch the stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
: I don't know why Richard has this obsession about renters/co-op/condo insurance. Even if you have insurance and collect fully on your claim, there is still the matter of the deductible, which would be at least $250.

: With 800 apartments in the complex, the replacement of balcony doors will take quite a while. There is no reason that a schedule can't be distributed, so that you can make arrangements to (1) minimize the inconvenience of having things off the balcony and away from the balcony door and (2) be present when the installation is done.

: Expecting you and other residents to be inconvenienced for several months is unreasonable. Your lease probably provides access like this on reasonable notice. A schedule would minimize these problems.

:
: :
: : ANOTHER ONE WHO HAS NO RENTERS INSURANCE........

: : DUH!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name