Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I won overcharge complaint. Now what do I do?

Posted by Anna on September 09, 1999 at 16:29:37:

In Reply to: Re: I won overcharge complaint. Now what do I do? posted by gary on September 09, 1999 at 15:09:58:

: :
: : Here is a link to DHCR Fact Sheet #16. You may have to wait some more if the landlord brings an Article 78 proceeding in State Supreme Court. He has 60 days to bring it.

: Thanks much. However (perhaps it's there and I missed it) the PAR merely determined that a particular service, denied by the landlord, is a required service. It did NOT say anything about the rent. Thus I am a tad confused as to how to proceed now.

The last page of the PAR should tell the landlord that s/he has 60 days to file the Article 78 appeal. It should also list other action required: like replacing the missing service, sending an accounting to the tenant of the refund due, etc.

If it doesn't or you don't quite understand it (normal reaction), call or go to DHCR with your Docket Number and/or all your paperwork. Ask them.

Or: was this a building-wide reduction of service? speak to your neighbors: one may have already done this. did you all have an atty?: call her.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name