Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

asbestos in illegal apt. that LL is trying to evict

Posted by lea on September 08, 1999 at 13:12:01:

the LL is trying to evict me from what i now know is an illgl apt. i feel that there is asbestos in this apt. and have told him repeat about it, along w/the electric which is really bad. but he has done nothing about either can i have ll pay to have this apt checkd for asbestos so that i know who to sue for my dying in 20 yrs???? also i am in the bronx NYC i have been here for 6 yrs and i dont even think this is a legal 2 fam he is sayng it is a legal 2 fam but i dont think it is, i read that all tenant should stop paying rent if the ll has an illegal apt is this true any and all info apreciated please send any url's also any info on who i call in regards to tax's i know he has not payed taxes and i want to get this man, he is making my life a living hell and all for no reason i have been here 6yrs now his parents come up from greece so he needs the apt. i told him no problem give me 2000 to move and i will move he said oh yeah i will get you out for nothing so i am pissed. i have 3 lil dogs and i adore them i dont know what to do cause i cant find an apt to take even one let alone 3/ i am really upset and in trouble any help thanks alot

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name