Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Tenants

Posted by Cathy on September 04, 1999 at 18:22:08:

What has happened to respecting other people's property. Not only is the landlord expected to act responsibly but so are the tenants. I know there are alot of slumlords out there but there are an equal amount of bad tenants. I know because I was one. It wasn't until I bought my own home(a 2 family in NYC) that I realized how badly I had behaved as a tenant and how important it is to respect other people's property. To all of these holdover tenants - what do you intend to accomplish by causing more friction? Eventually they are going to get you out! Next time try communicating with your landlord, way in advance :) that you are having difficulties and you are trying in good faith to vacate the premises. A little consideration could go a long way! I am only addressing the tenants side because the majority of you are tenants. I am one tenant turned landlord that would like to see more people start acting responsibly. Think about how you would feel if it were your home. Good luck !

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name