Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Not that simple

Posted by MikeW on September 02, 1999 at 15:14:40:

In Reply to: more on illegal rommate rights posted by Karla Stinger on September 02, 1999 at 14:35:43:

You can start an eviction process (holdover proceeding) after giving 30 days notice. However the notice has to be given in the correct way, at the correct time of the month, in writing on a particular form, and served by someone other than yourself. Go to housing court to get the form and instructions, and talk to the pro se lawyer while your there.

If, after the date given on the notice passes, and she doesn't leave, you'll have to file for a holdover proceeding to get her evicted. This will mean getting a lawyer. They usually have a flat fee for this process, something like $350-400.

The whole process can take a few months if she fights.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name